Straight to the River!
I just wanted to share a tourny result that I had last night in a 65 dollar live game. I was playing in my first local tourny (I just turned 21 and wanted to bone up before Vegas) We were in the fourth round of blinds (30min each) and they were at 100/200. I had a very tight image at the table showing only quad tens and flipping over (after the hand was dead) a nut straight and pocket kings and one 10,10 laydown when I was for sure that my opponent had kings(which he showed). I was stealing pots from position and had built up my chip stack to 6700 (second in chips at the table) I was in middle position and looked down at two red queens. At this point there was 500 in the pot (sb,bb one limper) in the pot but I didn't want callers (the table was pretty loose) so I made it 1000 to go. Only one player called (he was a loose player who liked to make risky calls, but they had been paying off all night) The flop came K,3,5 all clubs. I had no club in my hand so I checked and he checked behind, the turn came a 4 of spades (at this point my read on him was no club middle pair) so I pushed all in for the 5,700 hoping to buy the pot or double up if called. The player thought for a while (he had about 10,000 in chips and was chip leader at the table) after about 3min he made the call and fliped over 6,6 giving him an open ended straight draw with one card coming. The river came a 2 and my tourny was done. Now for the whole hand I was about a 80/20 fav. and I think I played the hand right but In hindsight perhaps I should have bet the pot on the flop for value and pushed on the turn allowing there was no club.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home